Other Problems

OTHER PROBLEMS You may need to see one or more of the following specialists depending on your symptoms/complaints
Chronic headache, blurred vision, dizziness, numbness of hands and feet or any other part of the body. Neurologist (doctor for the brain, spinal cord and nerves).
Persistent blurred vision, double vision. Ophthalmologist (doctor for the eyes).
Persistent cough or breathing difficulty or hiccups. Pulmonary specialist (doctor for the lung).
Chest pains, shortness of breath, strong family history of heart disease. Cardiologist (doctor for the heart).
Unexplained abdominal (stomach) pains, diarrhea, constipation, weight loss, liver problems, hiccups. Gastroenterologist (doctor specializing in disorders of the stomach, intestines, colon, liver, pancreas).
Persistent weight gain. Endocrinologist (doctor specializing in disease of the glands) or gynecologist (doctor specializing in disease of the uterus, ovaries, and breasts): to be screened for glandular disorders (Cushing’s syndrome, polycystic ovary syndrome, thyroid disease).
Blood disorder (involving red blood cells, white blood cells or platelets) Hematologist/Oncologist (doctor specializing in blood disorders)
Recurrent urine infections or difficulty with urination. Urologist (doctor specializing in disorders of the prostate and bladder).
Persistent problems related to muscles and joints. Rheumatologist (doctor specializing in joints and muscles).
Persistent skin rash or any other disorder of the skin. Dermatologist (doctor for skin diseases).
Fever, rash, or unexplained cough or other infections. Infectious diseases specialist (doctor for infectious diseases)
Persistent fatigue (tired feeling) Have your doctor review the whole checklist from the home page to be sure every system is covered.
Anxiety, irritability, depression Psychiatrist (doctor for brain function)